HealthDay News — Miracle Mineral Solution, which is sold online as a medical treatment, can cause serious and potentially life-threatening health problems and should not be bought or used by consumers, the US Food and Drug Administration says.
The agency has not approved the product for any use, but it is marketed on social media as a remedy for autism, cancer, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, influenza, and other conditions. When mixed, the solution develops into a dangerous bleach. The FDA has received recent reports of people developing severe vomiting, severe diarrhea, life-threatening low blood pressure caused by dehydration, and acute liver failure after drinking these products.
“Miracle Mineral Solution and similar products are not FDA-approved, and ingesting these products is the same as drinking bleach. Consumers should not use these products, and parents should not give these products to their children for any reason,” FDA Acting Commissioner Ned Sharpless, MD, said in an agency news release. “The FDA will continue to track those selling this dangerous product and take appropriate enforcement actions against those who attempt to evade FDA regulations and market unapproved and potentially dangerous products to the American public.”
Since 2010, the FDA has warned consumers about the dangers of Miracle or Master Mineral Solution, Miracle Mineral Supplement, MMS, Chlorine Dioxide (CD) Protocol, Water Purification Solution (WPS), and other similar products.